“Really appreciate your work mate! Your ppt.s are awesome!!!” – The Seoulite
- Teach students about Finland’s public K-12 education system
- Broadly compare South Korea, USA and Finland’s complete education systems
- Best education systems in the world – Based on PISA scores
- Difference between USA, Korea and Finland – Educational expenditures, hours in school, cost of tuition, etc.
- Top universities in the world – By country
- Finland’s K-12 system – Daycare + kindergarten, break time, in class, after school, subjects, parents + teachers, tests and grades
- Pros and cons of the three systems
- Final observation
- Activity (optional)
——–Slides below for teachers only———
- Teaching in Finland
- Criticisms about Finland, US and Korea
- Incompatibility of US and Finnish system
- My opinion on the issue
Leo is passionate about connecting people through shared values and interests, and empowering future leaders. He is the Founder of CoFit Movement and Director of Community at SOGO Fitness. An aspiring hyper-polyglot, he heads Tokyo Trilinguals and speaks five languages. Although eclectic in his interests, he is most inspired when writing, teaching and creating. He is most at peace when cleaning, gazing up at the night sky and around the colour blue. Born and raised a second-generation Japanese-Canadian, he calls Vancouver home and is currently based in Tokyo.